Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How to kill student zombification

I've noticed something today.

The students that I've been seeing are more cheerful, or more awake (your pick), possibly both, and entirely much more positive than usual.

I looked around.

No random stand handing out cupcakes/anti-depressants/shots of espresso.

Classes have not canceled.

I'm pretty sure I haven't entered the twilight zone.

So what's the deal? I'm used to dragging myself around campus watching other zombiefied students bitch about their lack of sleep/coffee or how much better their day could be.

Then it occurred to me that it wasn't just the people I was observing. I wasn't dragging myself around campus. I have been fairly alert, ridiculously positive, and un-zombiefied.

What magic had taken place on campus?

50 degree temperature. That's all we need. The weather has been fluctuating like a pmsing mother, and now that its warm, but not terribly warm, the general populace has gone into overdrive.

So thank you, weather, for making my day un-zombiefied.

Oh wait, was that not enough angst for you?

Today was fifty degrees out...and tomorrow...it is supposed to snow. SNOW. We finally get all hyped up for spring, we get rid of our coats and finally get to just wear jackets, and tomorrow we get snow.

I don't care whether it stays, or whether it just melts upon contact, but snow means its going to be cold again.

I'm rather sick of the cold.

...I suggest staying inside. Otherwise, prepare your brain for zombification.

No comments:

Post a Comment