Tuesday, July 26, 2016

I wore men's boxer briefs for a day and the world didn't implode

Yes, my friends, you read that correctly. I wore men's underwear, for an entire day. The last time I reviewed underwear, you seemed to enjoy it, so now I'm back to review the underwear designed for people without periods. (if you missed it, I reviewed the underwear for people with periods here.)

Now you might be asking yourself - why? Why would you want/need to wear underwear that is specifically designed for someone that isn't you? Well I had an opportunity and I took it. An opportunity which presented itself in the form of my own laziness when it comes to laundry.

You see, I had run out of clean underwear. In my foolishness and laziness, I had allowed this to happen, and was in dire need of some clean undergarments. Enter: my boyfriend. A man who decided to buy a pack of new boxer briefs and not take them out of the package for a month. So I took one of his - brand new, straight from the package.

I wore them for a full day. I was warned by my boyfriend that I would be spending most of my time pulling them down my thighs as they have a tendency to rise up and bunch at the top of the legs. But I had a fairly different experience. So here's some good and some bad about wearing the underwear for the opposite gender.

Initial reaction:
Comfy as fuck. That being said, I had a ton of fabric - some of it on my legs. Which was super bizarre, and took a while to get used to.

Visible Fabric:
I had to determine what clothing to wear by my underwear. Not that I normally wear super short shorts, but the underwear quite literally would be visible through the bottom of my shorts if I wasn't careful. Also, the underwear came up to my friggin belly-button. No crop tops for me.

Totally Wedgie-less:
Which is awesome. Furthermore, I didn't have to pull them down at any point, the underwear never bunched up. My boyfriend and I determined that I don't have his (awesome) hulk thighs so I didn't have his problem.

Obviously designed for man-butt:
Yeah. No seriously, my butt looked like a sad, deflated grey balloon. Lets be honest here - girls' underwear is cute. Regardless of whether we're wearing it so others can see it or if we just have that knowledge for ourselves, we don't wear pink underwear covered in koalas because koalas make the undies innately more comfortable. We wear it because it's friggin adorable. Men's boxer briefs (in grey) are not adorable.

Obviously designed for...something in the front:
Also awkward. I didn't do anything with it.

Final thoughts?
There wasn't anything terrible about wearing men's boxer briefs, and they were comfy as heck. I was really happy wearing them all day, and I basically forgot that I was doing anything out of the ordinary pretty quickly.
It really comes down to preference. Wanna wear men's boxer briefs? By all means, do it. It's just clothing. Wear what you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment