Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer Ruminations

It's been a while since I last blogged. Summer has gotten to me - a mixture of lethargic-ness on hot days and being freakishly busy, downtime sandwiched in between hours of running from place to place, person to person. It's almost like being on two different clocks: one that speeds up, one that slows down.

I feel like I've gotten a lot accomplished.

I probably haven't.

I thought about what currently keeps me busy this summer, and I nearly broke out laughing.
Besides working on the flute, and teaching martial arts, my other "job" this summer is teaching a fitness class.

Let me back up.

If someone told me that I would be teaching a fitness class four years ago, I would have looked at them like they were crazy.

I'm the girl that couldn't lift 10 pounds.

I'm the girl that vomited every time I finished running a mile.

I'm the girl who got B's in gym class - when all my other grades were A's.

Fitness was the last thing on my agenda. I figured I'd never do a physical class again once I hit college. (Well, besides martial arts. But I was only vaguely good at that while in high school.)
I was not SUPPOSED to teach this class.

But I am.

My life is awkward,

And I like it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment