Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cupcakes and Brain Cells

I would make an angsty rant today. Really, I would. But today has been a ridiculously good day.

Why?

Just like I talked about before in "How to Kill Student Zombification", it is absolutely gorgeous out today. So even though I only got four hours of sleep, I've been able to function better than usual. I didn't have to wear a winter coat for the first time in months, and that just made me want to dance.

Also, during lunch today I went to Jones Bros. Cupcakes at Aksarben Village with two of my buddies. Brilliant. This place is so fun, the design is fresh and modern, and the food is ridiculously good. The cupcakes? Freaking fantastic. Best cupcakes I've ever had. And they all look amazing. Just take a look at the ones I bought for myself and my boyfriend.
Freaking gorgeous. And delicious. Never thought salt on a cupcake would taste good but DAMN, these guys know what they're doing.
So yes, I just did some advertisement...but they deserve it. I know I'll be going back. A lot. (Hopefully I won't get fat.)

Although I'm not actually there, one thing I'm super excited for this week is the TED conference. They always present a lot of really neat stuff in the science field, so I can't wait to see what comes out of it. So far, I've heard of a group of scientists from MIT who've used genetic modification and fiber optics to cure blindness in mice, and are now working on using that to cure Alzheimer's.
Awesome.

So between cupcakes and brain cells, I'm just about as happy as I can get - when I've got a concert staring me in the face (a week from now! AHHHHH!)
I'm just trying to distract myself.
Minimal luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment